As Bush’s popularity continues to plummet, Republican strategists have grown very concerned about a backlash against the President’s policies in the 2008 election. The reasoning goes that a Democratic win in the ’08 presidential election will result in the eventual dismantling of everything conservatives have been working on over an eight-year period. Since George Bush cannot run again, how can Republicans keep his legacy alive?
For some, the answer is Laura Bush. Stories that Laura plays a much larger roll in decision-making at the White House are already starting to trickle out into the media. That’s Going Too Far! has obtained a copy of a highly confidential internal memo that highlights strategies already underway to gradually transform the First Lady into a presidential contender.
March 10, 2006
Project Dynasty is gaining traction. G remains in the dark, L is in the driver’s seat. Let’s keep it that way. Phase II strategies:
- More face-time with media. Have her spar with O’Reilly and Hannity, only make damn sure they know what’s going on.
- Let’s get a chainsaw in her hands during next ranch visit. Jeans, safety goggles and a bit of persperation.
- Have L slap Chillary with some flip-flop accusations. Put Satan’s daughter on the defensive.
- Get her into something that shows some cleavage. Think “flight suit” equivalent.
- Look for more kids ‘n coots photo ops.
- Bribe the twins to say something about Mom’s “inherent leadership qualities.”
- Start background scrubbing NOW. NO SURPRISES! Go back to kindergarten.
- Keep her wired at all times.
- Can she ride a horse?
- Fly her into Baghdad for a photo op with troops. Fatigues? Snipe insurgents from hotel rooftop? Toss a hand grenade?
- Make sure she keeps her distance from 43 as much as possible without arousing suspicion.